- All AEP applications for an effective date of January 1, 2024, must be completed, signed, dated and received by the agent no later than 11:59 PM, December 7, 2023
- You, the agent, must sign and date the application no later than 11:59 PM, December 7, 2023 too.
- You may not backdate the member signature date, agent receipt date, or agent signature date.
- Aetna must receive signed enrollment applications within two calendar days after you receive them from beneficiaries.
- December 9 is the last day to submit all applications that were signed and dated December 7, 2023
- If you receive a completed enrollment application after AEP ends on December 7, do not hold or destroy it. Under CMS rules, you must still submit it to Aetna within two calendar days as noted above. Aetna will process or deny the enrollment as appropriate.
Anthem BCBS/Empire BCBS
ALL applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 p.m. on December 7, 2023
- Remember to include a date on the enrollment application. Any applications received by Anthem after December 7 without a date will be assigned the date they were received by the enrollment team. Forgetting to include a date can invalidate apps received after AEP ends.
- If you work with an agency, make sure your dated applications are received by the agency no later than 11:59 p.m. on December 7. Some agencies will send applications to Anthem on your behalf, but you need to make sure your agency is in possession of your accurate, dated applications by the December 7 deadline in order for them to be processed.
- Use mProducer to ensure accurate application submission. Especially at this point during AEP, the best and fastest way to make sure your applications are submitted accurately and on time is to submit them electronically through mProducer.
- Paper applications must be received by the agent at 11:59 pm on December 7, and must be submitted to Cigna Healthcare by 11:59 on December 9
- Electronic applications must be submitted to Cigna Healthcare by 11:59 pm on December 7
- Applications mailed to Cigna Healthcare by the customer must be received by Cigna Healthcare by December 7
- Applications faxed to Cigna Healthcare by the customer must be received by Cigna Healthcare by 11:59 pm (based on the enrollee's time zone) on December 7
The last day to submit applications for AEP us 12/7. Best practice is to submit via the agent portal, fax or 3rd party platforms!
- Agent Portal - The Agent Portal will accept AEP electronic applications until 12/7/23 11 :59 PM local time.
- Faxed - The initial receipt date (filled out on page E-6 of the application) must be completed by 12/7 in order to be considered a valid AEP app. If E-6 is blank, the receipt date is when Devoted receives the application. This means faxed applications run the risk of not being considered for AEP if the initial receipt date is incomplete and the app is received by Devoted after 12/7.
- Mailed - The initial receipt date (filled out on page E-6 of the application) must be completed by 12/7 in order to be considered a valid AEP app. If E-6 is blank, the receipt date is when Devoted receives the application. This means mailed applications will not be considered for AEP if the initial receipt date is incomplete and they are received by Devoted after 12/7.
- Please ensure applications are submitted timely based on application type
Online Application Submission Deadline (All Regions)
- Online applications will be accepted through the Producer Portal until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 7. Agents will be unable to submit AEP applications after midnight.
Paper Application Submission Deadline
- All AEP paper applications for a January 1, 2024 effective date must be completed, signed, and dated no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 7. Please use the "Date Received" box in the upper right hand corner of the application to document the date the agent receives/accepts the enrollment request from the beneficiary. Per CMS guidelines, all applications must be submitted within 48 hours of the agent's receipt of the application.
- Please double check any paper applications to make sure there is no missing or incomplete information as this can cause a delay in processing.
- Paper applications for Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Delaware will only be accepted via fax to 1-888-663-0258.
- Paper applications for Western New York and Northeastern New York may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electronic Enrollments – Applications must be signed and dated on December 7. These applications should be uploaded to Humana/CarePlus within 24 hours.
- Telephonic Enrollments – If the call, conducted on a recorded line, is received before midnight of the caller’s local time zone, a telephonic enrollment can still be processed for AEP even if the application submission is completed after midnight local time (on the same call).
- Beneficiary Self-Enrollment (DMM or AOA Link) – Enrollee must submit their application for processing by 11:59 PM on December 7 in their respective time zone in order to be considered a valid AEP application.
- Paper Applications – Applications sent to an agent/broker must be signed and dated by the agent by December 7 in order to be considered “received” for a valid AEP election. All completed paper applications should be uploaded via the Humana Document Transmitter App, faxed or mailed to Humana/CarePlus within 24 hours of receipt. Additionally, paper applications can be uploaded via the “Upload Paper Application” Vantage Form (Not available for CarePlus applications)
- LEAN remote signature AEP applications and other electronic platforms such as Connecture and Sunfire must be signed and submitted by the consumer no kiter than Dec. 7. LEAN Voice Signature is also available for your consumers.
- AEP paper enrollment applications must be received by the agent from the consumer by 11 :59 p.m. local time on Dec. 7. Postmark dates do not apply.
- Sign and date paper applications immediately upon receipt - a paper application must be dated the same day it is received from the consumer. Signing and filling in the initial receipt date section of the application is critical to be assigned as the Agent of Record.
- If you receive paper AEP enrollment applications on Dec. 7, immediately sign, date and submit them to the correct enrollment center.
- All Medicare Advantage (including Chronic and Dual Special Needs Plans) and Prescription Drug Plan enrollment applications must be submitted within 24 hours of receipt.
- UnitedHealthcare only has seven calendar days from the time an enrollment application is received from the consumer to transmit the consumer's information to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- The SOA is completed within the last 4 days of the beneficiary's election period. It will still need to be completed; however, the 48-hour rule does not apply.
If you receive an application on or after Dec. 8, follow these guidelines:
- Sign and date the enrollment application based on the actual date of agent receipt (backdating is prohibited),_
- Submit the enrollment application to the Enrollment Department as you normally would.
- The Enrollment Department may need to pend or deny tile enrollment application and reach out to the consumer for a valid election period (if applicable)
- Do not destroy or hold AEP enrollment applications dated and/or received after Dec. 7.
- Submit all received applications to UnitedHealthcare's Enrollment Department
Please keep in mind that all applications for Jan. 1, 2024 effective dates must be submitted by the AEP deadline of Dec. 7, 2023 at 11 :59 p.m. EST.