You Asked and UnitedHealthcare Delivered
UHC is giving agents more ways to serve members.
As a member-focused agent working with UnitedHealthcare (UHC), you’ve asked for more ways to directly support members when they need help. Previously, agents a had limited options to directly assist their clients with specific needs. UHC announced this week that they have added more agent-directed services, allowing agents to act in even more ways to assist members.
Agents currently act on behalf of Medicare and Retirement, Medicare Advantage (MA) and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) members (when directed) in the following situations:
- Ordering replacement ID cards
- Ordering replacement fulfillment items
- Changing the member’s permanent and/or mailing address
Effective May 25th, 2017, agents can assist Medicare Advantage (MA) and Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) members with the following added agent services:
- Changing a Primary Care Physician (PCP)
- Inquiries regarding claims and billing issues brought to the agent’s attention by the member
- Assist with the UnitedHealth Passport® Program timeline
- Activate Passport on the member’s behalf.
- Make changes to the Passport stop date while the member is traveling
- Deactivate Passport upon the member’s return home
Agents must be the member’s active Agent of Record. Only the Agent of Record can call on behalf of the member. Administrative office assistants and/or partners cannot perform this role.