New Hospital Indemnity Plan Available in Nine Additional States
Effective February 1, 2019, we’re introducing our new Hospital Indemnity plan in nine more states: Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming*. Here’s a brief summary of the exceptionally strong benefits you’ll see in these nine states effective February 1, 2019. **
Plan Benefit Changes:
- Increased observation benefit from 50% to 100% and maximum days from three to six
- Added a transportation and lodging benefit
- Added 21 and 31 days of coverage to the daily confinement benefit (in Utah, all options are 10, 21, or 30 days) and added daily benefits starting at $100
- New outpatient surgical coverage, urgent care coverage, and lump sum hospital confinement coverage
- Enhanced the outpatient therapy benefit to include chiropractic care
- Simplified skilled nursing coverage for up to 50 days
- Additional day added to ambulance service
* Previously approved states include AL, AR, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NE, NV, OK, OR, PA, TX, WI, and WV.
** Benefits may vary by state **
In addition, the rates on these policies will be approximately 19% lower.
Beginning January 15, 2019, sales kits and marketing materials for the new states will be available to order on MIC (the agent website).