1MM: Are you ready for Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)?
This Week’s 1 Minute Monday (1MM): Are you ready for Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)?
It’s hard to believe we are a month out from the start of 2021 Individual Medicare Annual Enrollment Period. It’s been said “A plan backed by action becomes reality”, when you take steps to create your plan to achieve your goal, you’re taking action for your business to succeed.
For those of your yet to complete the Ready to Sell requirements please see below steps to help you prepare.
- Step 1: Complete 2021 Producer Certification: To start the 2021 Producer Certification process, simply visit AetnaMedicareProducerCertification.com. Remember, this year you can certify for MA/MAPD plans and SilverScript PDP products all in one spot.
- Step 2: Attend a 2021 MA/MAPD Product Training: If you plan on selling MA/MAPD products this AEP, make sure you attend a local market product training to learn about 2021 plans, benefits, provider networks and more. Find and register for an event near you.
- Step 3: Attend an Ascend (Aetna’s Virtual Sales Office application) webinar: you’ll learn how to submit enrollments electronically. This AEP more than ever the initiative is to move paperless, so do encourage the Ascend app. To register for an Ascend training Find and register for an event near you. Nonetheless, you will want to order a supply. Pre-Order 2021 MA/MAPD enrollment kits: If you’re “ready to sell” 2021 Aetna Medicare plans (MA/MAPD) you can order an initial amount of enrollment kits to use in the early weeks of AEP.
- In July, Aetna launched a new site. The first time you log in, you’ll need to use your NPN for both your username and password. Then, you’ll be asked to create a new password. Having trouble? Review our important FAQs. Please note: You don’t need to pre-order SilverScript PDP kits. Instead, if you’re ready to sell 2021 SilverScript PDP, Aetna will automatically mail you 5 enrollment kits by September 30. If you need more kits, you can order more through the SilverScript Agent Portal.
- Step 4: Pre-Order AEP Marketing Materials: If you’re ready to sell for 2021, you can now begin downloading AEP marketing materials at no cost from the Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio. You can also pre-order materials to be shipped to you or directly mailed to your clients. All pre-ordered print and ship materials will begin to ship on September 14 and all direct mail orders will start arriving in homes in October.