1MM: NY SPAP EPIC and Aetna MPD Plans
This Week’s 1 Minute Monday (1MM): How the New York Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Program could assist your Medicare clients.
Did you know New York is 1 of 16 States offering a State Pharmaceutical Program which works with all Aetna MAPD plans?
- The Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) program is a New York State program for seniors administered by the Department of Health. It supports more than 327,000 income-eligible seniors aged 65 and older to supplement their out-of-pocket Medicare Part D drug plan costs. Seniors can apply for EPIC at any time of the year and must be enrolled or eligible to be enrolled in a Medicare Part D drug plan to receive EPIC benefits and maintain coverage.
- EPIC provides secondary coverage for Medicare Part D and EPIC-covered drugs purchased after any Medicare Part D deductible is met. EPIC also covers approved Part D-excluded drugs once a member is enrolled in Part D.
- It can also pay the Part D plan premium.
- Also as a bonus by enrolling in EPIC a Special Election Period (SEP) is created for member.
Want a refresher on the EPIC program? You’re in luck! Attend March 10th webinar training to learn how the Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Program can assist your Medicare clients in New York. Register here.
- Learn what changes have been made to the EPIC program
- Discover how EPIC can assist your clients
- Learn how EPIC works with lock-in