Marketing Guidelines and Requirements
In keeping with CMS guidelines, agents must provide the Medicare Star Quality Ratings sheets to beneficiaries whenever the Summary of Benefits and/or the enrollment form are provided. Additional marketing guidance appears below and is also linked to the Agent Resources section:
- Agents are not permitted to compare MA plans based on ratings.
- Agents should guide enrollment prospects to www.medicare.gov for more information and to review the ratings of other plans in their markets.
- Agents representing plans designated as “too new to rate,” such as TexanPlus HMO-SNP, must still provide the plan’s Star Quality Ratings sheet.
- Agents who use our Consumer Presentation for events should now switch to the updated version that displays the 2017 Star Quality Ratings. Please see details below.
Printed Star Quality Ratings Sheets
The 2017 All-In-One (AIO) Guides currently in circulation (first press run versions) DO NOT contain the 2017 Star Quality Ratings Sheet. To remain compliant during a sales presentation, you must replace the 2016 Star Quality Ratings Sheet found in the book with a new 2017 Star Quality Ratings Sheet.
Please follow these important instructions:
- Print the 2017 Star Quality Ratings sheets that you will need and carry them with you to all sales appointments. The sheets are linked to this message and posted to AgentLink at https://AgentLink.UniversalAmerican.com. The sheets are also available for order on a stand-alone basis through CustomPoint.
- Remove and discard the 2016 Ratings Sheet from the All-In-One Guide.
- Insert the new rating sheet into the back flap of the 2017 AIO Guide.
- Provide the entire booklet to the enrollment prospect.
The second print run of our AIO Guides will include the new 2017 Star Quality Ratings sheets. The books are currently being printed and will be available shortly through CustomPoint.
2017 Consumer Presentations
We’ve updated our 2017 Consumer Presentations to display the new 2017 Star Quality Ratings. Please be sure to switch to the revised version now available on AgentLink at https://AgentLink.UniversalAmerican.com. The presentation may be used during scheduled sales appointment with individual clients, and registered marketing and sales events. Please remember that you are required to disclose Star Ratings in all sales discussions, including meetings or events, so you’ll need the new updated version in order to be compliant.
If you have any questions about the 2017 Star ratings, please contact us as follows: UAM Sales Support 1-855-225-1475, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Y0067_AGT_2017StarRatings_1016 IA 10/17/2016.